Wednesday, December 08, 2004

circa 10.25.04

This thanksgiving was something unfamiliar and comforting.
I ate a lot and I curled up on the couch and I napped for 4 hours.
I woke back up only to eat more and watch football.

My family didn’t bother me today, not at all.
And somehow I knew driving here that things would be good & better.

I like who I am by myself. I like who I am without you.
What was I thinking, letting you convince me that those other girls were prettier or better? I am more than you ever gave me credit for. if you didn’t want to acknowledge that you should’ve written me off at 15. I’m no trashy redhead. I have more class than you deserve.

And I’m still having sex dreams about you, go figure.
This insomnia pushes me to the point where I believe
I guess I’ll be sending you a Christmas card.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?