Monday, August 23, 2004

nineteen

i don't think i ever knew what love was at all.
the being-in of it.

i'm this silhouette of a lost little girl. a kid who just spilled the whole gallon of milk on the kitchen counter, and now it's uncontrollably and fatefully flowing off and down and pooling on the linoleum. and i know that i'm trouble either way.

the broken heart & breaking hearts, i have tested thoroughly. i hold it, memorized and choreographed, my experiment in time increments carefully marked with the names of those to whom i once bestowed my hard-won affection.

nineteen and there was never a first time.




dear diary,
my dorm is so much better & i have aspirations of liking my classes and giving admirers more than one glance. dare i disclose that my heart is feeling like mirrors shattering over and over, and this is not all bad, but neccessary. i am all on my own.
bri.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?