Tuesday, April 06, 2004

uncharted.

oh oh oh.
studying does not exist, when it coincides with my thoughts of more important matter.
i am worthless to these books when i can't equate my heart to a metamorphic rock. although, i could.
i would much rather curl into a ball and listen to the cure and put lotion on my legs.
motion on my legs.

who ever thought i would be me. whoever thought i'd end up writing, and majoring in this field of headlines and bylines and deadlines. i don't really want to be a journalist. i'd much rather criticize politicians and our government through highly pretentious and decorated speech. that's okay - some day.

who ever thought i'd be the me without the you, or a me with a you. i never thought. high school ends, and we stop being in love with everyone and everything or nothing and we are in love and we are undecided in rank and routine and being. time is a battlefield. who knows why these leaves change color. no one. i walk the sidewalks and cold nights and six flights alone with bags and books and breath. you do not assist. no one.

my breasts are perky. my words will be a firm fist to your jaw. my demographics may be flawed. who ever thought.

[B+ on the dreaded Aurora Leigh paper courtesy of Komisaruk. I swoon much too easily lately. Innocently and for the right things. Excuse me while i reclaim my life ages 14 to 17. I am an apostle of a youth too lightly passed over. I am chewing 3 pieces of gum at one time. I am leaving my hair disheveled. Lemonade and reading rainbow and me. and me.]

Me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?