Wednesday, March 24, 2004

my muffin

you know, it was what i thought. my back is peeling and it's shedding all over my black undergarments, but shedding a skin is a good thing in my mind right now.

hey. you. i do regret it now. i do admit that it hurt, all of it. i hate your hands on me. i do admit that i'm more of a wreck than i thought. i don't think i'll be so focused on these vitamins now, or being studious, or doing sit ups. i'll just be it and do them and shut up.

you'll always rain on my parade and i'll never be the icing on your cake! you are not a focal point. you are not what i wake up and fall asleep to ever again. i sleep easier without you. i breathe deeper. i will be silent. i'm on my own highway, and it goes nowhere near napa, california; it will not attempt to build or burn bridges or recollect and fedex the shards of my sad, sad heart. i know i promised i'd call. but you know what they say about promises. i promise nonetheless that someday i will believe all of these things.

right now, i am eating the best banana nut muffin in the world. it doesn't even project crumbs onto the breast of my shirt. it's a muffin of class. the best goddamn banana nut muffin in the world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?